Seeking my call records could outsourced operation of govt: Jaitley
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday alleged attempts to seek his call record details could be an outsourced operation of the government or a private "rogue" effort and sought to know whether the Delhi police are trying to protect the mastermind behind it.
In an article, Jaitley, Leader of the Opposition, said three attempts were made to get call detail records of mobile phones used by him, his drivers and his son.
Interestingly, Jaitley has said that the call details being procured were of November-December 2012, and January 2013. This is the period when a lot of activities took place in BJP as the then President Nitin Gadkari, who was seeking a second term, faced a series of allegations.
Gadkari`s business house Purti Group was raided by the Income Tax officials and there were charges of dubious funding of his companies.
Gadkari finally had to bow out and Rajnath Singh became BJP president in January. The winter session of Parliament was held in December.
However, Jaitley has not thrown any light on what he feels could be the reason for those seeking his call details to have chosen this time period.
"This could be an out-sourced operation to a government agency or a private rogue operation," he said.
Jaitley hit out at Delhi police for believing that there is no pattern in the three attempts to find out whom he was in touch with during the "critical period".
"I find it difficult to accept this explanation of the Delhi Police that it is unable to find out the master-mind behind this operation and it is merely co-incidental that so many activities were taking place at the same time to get at my call details....
"Either the investigation is extremely incompetent to discover the identity of the master-mind or the Delhi Police finds it embarrassing to name the master-mind," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you