Seeking my call records could outsourced operation of govt: Jaitley
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday alleged attempts to seek his call record details could be an outsourced operation of the government or a private "rogue" effort and sought to know whether the Delhi police are trying to protect the mastermind behind it.
In an article, Jaitley, Leader of the Opposition, said three attempts were made to get call detail records of mobile phones used by him, his drivers and his son.
Interestingly, Jaitley has said that the call details being procured were of November-December 2012, and January 2013. This is the period when a lot of activities took place in BJP as the then President Nitin Gadkari, who was seeking a second term, faced a series of allegations.
Gadkari`s business house Purti Group was raided by the Income Tax officials and there were charges of dubious funding of his companies.
Gadkari finally had to bow out and Rajnath Singh became BJP president in January. The winter session of Parliament was held in December.
However, Jaitley has not thrown any light on what he feels could be the reason for those seeking his call details to have chosen this time period.
"This could be an out-sourced operation to a government agency or a private rogue operation," he said.
Jaitley hit out at Delhi police for believing that there is no pattern in the three attempts to find out whom he was in touch with during the "critical period".
"I find it difficult to accept this explanation of the Delhi Police that it is unable to find out the master-mind behind this operation and it is merely co-incidental that so many activities were taking place at the same time to get at my call details....
"Either the investigation is extremely incompetent to discover the identity of the master-mind or the Delhi Police finds it embarrassing to name the master-mind," he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO
- Structural reforms needed to put India on faster growth path