Seemandhra MPs protest outside Parliament
New Delhi: Members of Parliament from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions Monday protested outside Parliament demanding that the central government withdraw its decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
MPs from Bodo region of Assam also held protests demanding creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
Seemandhra MPs, led by Telugu Desham Party`s (TDP) M. Venugopal Reddy, held placards that said "We Demand Justice".
MPs from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions have been protesting against the central government`s decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh.
The central government`s decision has fuelled demands for statehood from some other regions.
A delegation of Bodo leaders last week met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and urged him to take steps for the creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment