Seemandhra MPs protest outside Parliament
New Delhi: Members of Parliament from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions Monday protested outside Parliament demanding that the central government withdraw its decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
MPs from Bodo region of Assam also held protests demanding creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
Seemandhra MPs, led by Telugu Desham Party`s (TDP) M. Venugopal Reddy, held placards that said "We Demand Justice".
MPs from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions have been protesting against the central government`s decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh.
The central government`s decision has fuelled demands for statehood from some other regions.
A delegation of Bodo leaders last week met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and urged him to take steps for the creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'