Seemandhra MPs protest outside Parliament
New Delhi: Members of Parliament from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions Monday protested outside Parliament demanding that the central government withdraw its decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
MPs from Bodo region of Assam also held protests demanding creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
Seemandhra MPs, led by Telugu Desham Party`s (TDP) M. Venugopal Reddy, held placards that said "We Demand Justice".
MPs from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions have been protesting against the central government`s decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh.
The central government`s decision has fuelled demands for statehood from some other regions.
A delegation of Bodo leaders last week met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and urged him to take steps for the creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people