Seemandhra MPs protest outside Parliament
New Delhi: Members of Parliament from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions Monday protested outside Parliament demanding that the central government withdraw its decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
MPs from Bodo region of Assam also held protests demanding creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
Seemandhra MPs, led by Telugu Desham Party`s (TDP) M. Venugopal Reddy, held placards that said "We Demand Justice".
MPs from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions have been protesting against the central government`s decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh.
The central government`s decision has fuelled demands for statehood from some other regions.
A delegation of Bodo leaders last week met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and urged him to take steps for the creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons