Seemandhra MPs protest outside Parliament
New Delhi: Members of Parliament from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions Monday protested outside Parliament demanding that the central government withdraw its decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
MPs from Bodo region of Assam also held protests demanding creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
Seemandhra MPs, led by Telugu Desham Party`s (TDP) M. Venugopal Reddy, held placards that said "We Demand Justice".
MPs from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions have been protesting against the central government`s decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh.
The central government`s decision has fuelled demands for statehood from some other regions.
A delegation of Bodo leaders last week met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and urged him to take steps for the creation of a new state by bifurcating Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!