Seize properties of black money account holders: Ramdev
Chhindwara: Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev on Monday
demanded that the government should seize the properties of
those people, who have stashed black money in banks abroad,
and declare those as national assets.
"I will not disclose the names of those persons who have
stashed black money, as their number is not just in hundreds
but in lakhs," Ramdev told reporters here after a yoga camp.
Referring to his discussions with the government on the
issue, he said the government has agreed to bring back Rs 400
lakh crore black money stashed in foreign countries.
Ramdev claimed that nearly 5 lakh people would take part
in the satyagraha that he is planning to undertake in New
Delhi from June 4 to stress his demand that the black money
deposited in foreign banks be brought back.
He said over 30 lakh people have already extended their
support to his proposed satyagraha through SMS.
Demanding promotion of Hindi in the country, the
spiritual guru said now the government has agreed to have
Hindi medium in agriculture universities also.
"The country would actually develop when Hindi is made
compulsory in medical colleges and other educational
institutions," he said.
He also termed the year 2011 as a revolutionary year in
terms of elimination of corruption in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'