`Seized cash belongs to Sai Central Trust member`
Anantapur (AP): The security in-charge of
Prasanthi Nilayam, abode of the late Sathya Sai Baba in
Puttaparthi, has claimed that the vehicle from which about Rs
35 lakh was seized recently by police belonged to Sathya Sai
Central Trust member V Srinivasan.
Pradhan, the security in-charge, said that he was
questioned by police about the vehicles that passed through
Kodikonda check-post in Anantapur district between 3 PM and 7
PM on June 18.
"I told them one of the vehicles belonged to Srinivasan,"
"He asked me to leave and said I should come whenever
required," he added.
A four-wheeler carrying Rs 35.5 lakh in cash was
confiscated during checking at Kodikonda check-post under
Chilamanthur Police station limits bordering Karnataka on June
Police have arrested three persons, including its driver
Harishnanda Shetty, besides Srinivasan`s driver Chandrasekhar
alias Sekhar and an engineer Sohan Shetty in this connection.
Subsequently, police served notices to Srinivasan and
Sai Baba`s nephew R J Ratnakar to appear before them in
connection with the seizure of cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation