Sekhar Basu appointed BARC Director
New Delhi: Senior nuclear scientist Sekhar Basu has been appointed as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.
Basu, the Chief Executive Officer of the Nuclear Recycle Board, is expected to assume charge of his new posting tomorrow.
He was also the Project Director of the Plutonium Recycling Project at Kalpakkam, which built India`s first indigenous Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) which is powered by enriched uranium.
A similar reactor is the powerhouse of India`s first nuclear submarine INS Arihant.
Basu succeeds R K Sinha, who has been elevated as Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan