Sekhar Basu appointed BARC Director
New Delhi: Senior nuclear scientist Sekhar Basu has been appointed as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.
Basu, the Chief Executive Officer of the Nuclear Recycle Board, is expected to assume charge of his new posting tomorrow.
He was also the Project Director of the Plutonium Recycling Project at Kalpakkam, which built India`s first indigenous Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) which is powered by enriched uranium.
A similar reactor is the powerhouse of India`s first nuclear submarine INS Arihant.
Basu succeeds R K Sinha, who has been elevated as Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday