Sekhar Basu appointed BARC Director
New Delhi: Senior nuclear scientist Sekhar Basu has been appointed as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.
Basu, the Chief Executive Officer of the Nuclear Recycle Board, is expected to assume charge of his new posting tomorrow.
He was also the Project Director of the Plutonium Recycling Project at Kalpakkam, which built India`s first indigenous Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) which is powered by enriched uranium.
A similar reactor is the powerhouse of India`s first nuclear submarine INS Arihant.
Basu succeeds R K Sinha, who has been elevated as Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- US parades celebrate Gay Pride, honor Orlando victims
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?