Sekhar Basu appointed BARC Director
New Delhi: Senior nuclear scientist Sekhar Basu has been appointed as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.
Basu, the Chief Executive Officer of the Nuclear Recycle Board, is expected to assume charge of his new posting tomorrow.
He was also the Project Director of the Plutonium Recycling Project at Kalpakkam, which built India`s first indigenous Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) which is powered by enriched uranium.
A similar reactor is the powerhouse of India`s first nuclear submarine INS Arihant.
Basu succeeds R K Sinha, who has been elevated as Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday