Sekhar Basu appointed BARC Director
New Delhi: Senior nuclear scientist Sekhar Basu has been appointed as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.
Basu, the Chief Executive Officer of the Nuclear Recycle Board, is expected to assume charge of his new posting tomorrow.
He was also the Project Director of the Plutonium Recycling Project at Kalpakkam, which built India`s first indigenous Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) which is powered by enriched uranium.
A similar reactor is the powerhouse of India`s first nuclear submarine INS Arihant.
Basu succeeds R K Sinha, who has been elevated as Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you