Self-styled godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi’s judicial custody extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday extended by
20 days the judicial custody of self-styled godman Shiv Murat
Dwivedi in a case lodged under stringent MCOCA for allegedly
running a flesh trade racket here.
"The judicial custody of the accused is extended till
June 4," Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria said.
Police, which had earlier filed a chargesheet under the
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act against Dwivedi and seven
others including six alleged call girls, is yet to complete
its probe in the case lodged under Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crimes Act.
Except Dwivedi alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji
Maharaj Chitrakootwale, all other accused are out on bail in
Earlier, a magisterial court had provided them the copies
of chargesheet to Dwivedi and others.
Police, in the chargesheet, alleged Dwivedi had amassed
wealth running into crores of rupees through the flesh trade
"Dwivedi has been running the sex racket for last 10 to 12
years and has earned properties and wealth running into crores
of rupees," the chargesheet said.
During custodial interrogation, police, at the instance
of the accused, have recovered various documents relating to
properties, investments and bank details, the chargesheet
It also claimed Rs 1.55 lakh cash, some gold ornaments
and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi at the time of
the raid on his premises on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list