Self-styled godman`s judicial custody extended in MCOCA case
New Delhi: A Delhi court today extended by 30
days the judicial custody of self-styled godman Shiv Murat
Dwivedi in a case against him under the stringent MCOCA for
allegedly running a flesh trade racket here.
"The judicial custody of the accused is extended till
July 31," Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria said.
Meanwhile, a magisterial court, which was to hear
arguments on framing charges against Dwivedi and seven others,
including six alleged call girls in a case lodged under the
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, adjourned the proceedings on
the grounds that defence counsel M S Khan was not present.
The court would now frame the charges against Dwivedi
alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji Maharaj
Chitrakootwale and others on July 16.
Police, which had earlier filed a chargesheet under the
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act against Dwivedi and others,
is yet to complete the probe in the case lodged under the
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act.
The case under MCOCA was lodged against Dwivedi only
after it came to light that he was allegedly running an
organised flesh trade syndicate here.
Except Dwivedi, all other accused are out on bail.
Police, in the chargesheet, alleged Dwivedi had amassed
wealth running into crores of rupees through the flesh trade
Dwivedi was running the sex racket for the last 10 to 12
years and has acquired properties and wealth running into
crores of rupees, the chargesheet said.
During custodial interrogation, police, at the instance
of the accused, have recovered various documents relating to
properties, investments and bank details, it said.
It also alleged Rs 1.55 lakh in cash, some gold
ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi at
the time of the raid on his premises on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand