Semi-nude students protest outside Jaiswal`s home
Kanpur: Semi-nude students on Saturday protested outside Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal’s residence here.
According to a news agency, the students protested against the government’s plans to allow reservation in promotions for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in public services.
Meanwhile, a report said that hundreds of government employees from Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway today displayed their support of the state-wide employees` agitation. The protesters in Noida reached the city magistrate`s office and handed over a memorandum, strongly condemning the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September