Sena’s signature campaign against Rahul Gandhi
Mumbai: Continuing its tirade against
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, Shiv Sena has
launched a signature campaign in suburban Dombivali to condemn
his alleged "anti-Marathi" comments.
Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray, who was in
Dombivali yesterday ahead of local Municipal Corporations
polls, initiated the campaign with ally BJP appealing people
"Who contributed to Maharashtra? Tilak-Agarkar (political
leaders and social reformers) or Biharis. Condemn Rahul Gandhi
for being anti-Marathi," was the message written on a huge 20
feet board, which was signed by Uddhav first.
Following the Sena leader, hundreds of people signed the
board and shouted anti-Rahul slogans here yesterday.
Uddhav had on Friday targeted Rahul for his reported
remarks, during an election rally, on Biharis contributing to
Asserting that this was an insult to Marathi people,
Uddhav said Maharashtra was built by people like Chhatrapati
Shivaji, Mahatma Phule and Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar.
"I have no problems with Biharis but when Rahul Gandhi
goes to Bihar why does he drag in Maharashtra," he asked.
Rahul had reportedly said that the people of Bihar were
being thrown out of Maharashtra and Mumbai even though they
had made a major contribution to the development of
Thackeray said the party would not tolerate such comments
and would launch protests all over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'