Send me an SMS if you face problem, Sibal tells VCs
New Delhi: If you face any problem and need
my help, send me an SMS -- this was the message of HRD
Minister Kapil Sibal on Tuesday to the vice chancellors of the 15
newly-created central universities.
Making an introductory remarks at the meeting of the vice
chancellors of the new central universities, Sibal said the
government is ready to give full autonomy and freedom to the
universities to help them establish an institutions of
"But if you face any problem at any point and need my
help, just send me an SMS. I will respond to it," he said.
Sibal promised all support from the government --
financial and administrative -- to the institutions so that
they can offer quality education.
"This was a rare gesture on part of the minister as he
said that we can even send an SMS to get redressal to any
issue concerning our university. We really appreciate this
gesture," a vice chancellor said.
Vice chancellors of 14 universities attended the meeting.
While 12 new universities have been created under the
Central Act 2009, three existing state universities have been
given the central university status.
The new universities are being set up in Bihar, Gujarat,
Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand,
Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31