Senior Maha minister had met Kasab: Home dept
Mumbai: A senior minister in Maharashtra Government had met Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab earlier this year, Home Department sources said here on Tuesday.
"The minister met Kasab after instructing senior police
officials not to reveal his identity," the sources said.
"The minister told Kasab it was no use carrying on the
facade of innocence," they said.
The minister, who was on a visit to inspect the lodging
arrangements of the lone surviving terrorist of the 26/11
Mumbai attacks, at the Anda Cell of the Arthur Road jail, had
told Kasab, "Your nation (Pakistan) has disowned you and your
"Kasab was shocked to hear that," the sources said,
adding that the minister also told him that Pakistani
authorities had shifted his parents to an undisclosed
"Pakistan cannot do such a thing," was Kasab`s reply
to the minister, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days