Senior Maha minister had met Kasab: Home dept
Mumbai: A senior minister in Maharashtra Government had met Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab earlier this year, Home Department sources said here on Tuesday.
"The minister met Kasab after instructing senior police
officials not to reveal his identity," the sources said.
"The minister told Kasab it was no use carrying on the
facade of innocence," they said.
The minister, who was on a visit to inspect the lodging
arrangements of the lone surviving terrorist of the 26/11
Mumbai attacks, at the Anda Cell of the Arthur Road jail, had
told Kasab, "Your nation (Pakistan) has disowned you and your
"Kasab was shocked to hear that," the sources said,
adding that the minister also told him that Pakistani
authorities had shifted his parents to an undisclosed
"Pakistan cannot do such a thing," was Kasab`s reply
to the minister, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’