Senior RAW official in China dismissed
New Delhi: The Beijing station chief of Research and Analysis Wing has been dismissed summarily following the withdrawal of pleasure of the President.
The Joint Secretary level officer Amreet Ahluwalia was recently called back and served sacking order under Article 311 (2) which permits such dismissal when the President is satisfied that in the interest of the security of the State, it is not expedient to hold such inquiry, sources said.
In the past also Ahluwalia while posted at Jammu had faced flak from the then Home Ministry P Chidambaram who pulled him up during one of the meetings for poor reporting, they said.
Sources said charges were serious which were evident from the nature of dismissal but refused to give any other details about the action taken against him.
They said Ahluwalia had problems during his assignments in the past too.
Country`s premier external intelligence agency RAW had to resort to such summary dismissal in the case of Rabinder Singh, who had defected to the United States in 2004 after coming under surveillance for snooping for foreign agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!