Sen’s impeachment proceedings to continue
New Delhi: Lok Sabha will go ahead with the
impeachment proceedings against Kolkata High Court judge Soumitra Sen as scheduled on Monday with the Attorney General Ghulam Vahanvati opining Friday that the process should continue despite his resignation.
With Justice Sen`s resignation to President Pratibha
Patil yesterday raising questions on the fate of these
proceedings in the Lok Sabha, Attorney General G E Vahanvati
is understood to have advised the government that it is too
late to stop the process since it has already commenced.
Vahanvati`s opinion has been validated by Law Minister
Salman Khurshid, official sources said.
Highly placed sources told PTI tonight that Vahanvati
has opined that "the impeachment motion against Justice Sen
must go on as per the schedule in the Lok Sabha."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi