Sen’s impeachment proceedings to continue
New Delhi: Lok Sabha will go ahead with the
impeachment proceedings against Kolkata High Court judge Soumitra Sen as scheduled on Monday with the Attorney General Ghulam Vahanvati opining Friday that the process should continue despite his resignation.
With Justice Sen`s resignation to President Pratibha
Patil yesterday raising questions on the fate of these
proceedings in the Lok Sabha, Attorney General G E Vahanvati
is understood to have advised the government that it is too
late to stop the process since it has already commenced.
Vahanvati`s opinion has been validated by Law Minister
Salman Khurshid, official sources said.
Highly placed sources told PTI tonight that Vahanvati
has opined that "the impeachment motion against Justice Sen
must go on as per the schedule in the Lok Sabha."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations