Sen’s impeachment proceedings to continue
New Delhi: Lok Sabha will go ahead with the
impeachment proceedings against Kolkata High Court judge Soumitra Sen as scheduled on Monday with the Attorney General Ghulam Vahanvati opining Friday that the process should continue despite his resignation.
With Justice Sen`s resignation to President Pratibha
Patil yesterday raising questions on the fate of these
proceedings in the Lok Sabha, Attorney General G E Vahanvati
is understood to have advised the government that it is too
late to stop the process since it has already commenced.
Vahanvati`s opinion has been validated by Law Minister
Salman Khurshid, official sources said.
Highly placed sources told PTI tonight that Vahanvati
has opined that "the impeachment motion against Justice Sen
must go on as per the schedule in the Lok Sabha."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?