‘Sen`s signature on resignation not original’
New Delhi: The signature on Calcutta High Court judge Soumitra Sen`s resignation letter - which was faxed to President Pratibha Patil Thursday - has been found "not original", the spokesperson for the President has said.
"The signature in the faxed letter has been found not original. We are waiting for the hard copy of the letter to arrive and check the signature," Archana Datta, spokesperson of the president, said.
"Let the letter come. Any decision by the president will be only after that," she added.
Meanwhile, the president`s office has handed over the faxed letter to the Department of Law and Justice, the spokesperson said.
Sen, against whom an impeachment motion was passed in the Rajya Sabha for financial irregularities, announced his resignation in Kolkata Thursday through his lawyer.
The Lok Sabha was due to take up the impeachment proceedings Sep 5. Sen sent a copy of the letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family