‘Sen`s signature on resignation not original’
New Delhi: The signature on Calcutta High Court judge Soumitra Sen`s resignation letter - which was faxed to President Pratibha Patil Thursday - has been found "not original", the spokesperson for the President has said.
"The signature in the faxed letter has been found not original. We are waiting for the hard copy of the letter to arrive and check the signature," Archana Datta, spokesperson of the president, said.
"Let the letter come. Any decision by the president will be only after that," she added.
Meanwhile, the president`s office has handed over the faxed letter to the Department of Law and Justice, the spokesperson said.
Sen, against whom an impeachment motion was passed in the Rajya Sabha for financial irregularities, announced his resignation in Kolkata Thursday through his lawyer.
The Lok Sabha was due to take up the impeachment proceedings Sep 5. Sen sent a copy of the letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report