‘Sen`s signature on resignation not original’
New Delhi: The signature on Calcutta High Court judge Soumitra Sen`s resignation letter - which was faxed to President Pratibha Patil Thursday - has been found "not original", the spokesperson for the President has said.
"The signature in the faxed letter has been found not original. We are waiting for the hard copy of the letter to arrive and check the signature," Archana Datta, spokesperson of the president, said.
"Let the letter come. Any decision by the president will be only after that," she added.
Meanwhile, the president`s office has handed over the faxed letter to the Department of Law and Justice, the spokesperson said.
Sen, against whom an impeachment motion was passed in the Rajya Sabha for financial irregularities, announced his resignation in Kolkata Thursday through his lawyer.
The Lok Sabha was due to take up the impeachment proceedings Sep 5. Sen sent a copy of the letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch