Sent out a clear message to the world: Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said on Wednesday that by executing 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab India has sent out a clear message to the world.
Speaking to reporters’ hours after Ajmal Kasab was hanged till death and buried inside Pune’s Yerwada jail, Khurshid said, “The law which is common for all has been applied in the case of Kasab.”
Khurshid said that India treats everyone equally under rule of law and law was implemented with total transparency after giving Kasab all legal options.
“We hope that in the same impartial manner than legal process was followed here, we hope it will be done in Pakistan in 26/11 case,” he said.
On whether Kasab body will be sent to Pakistan, he said, “If there is any request from Pakistan or his family we will consider it. We have no such information, as of now.”
“We have fulfilled our obligation to inform Pakistan,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof