Sent out a clear message to the world: Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said on Wednesday that by executing 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab India has sent out a clear message to the world.
Speaking to reporters’ hours after Ajmal Kasab was hanged till death and buried inside Pune’s Yerwada jail, Khurshid said, “The law which is common for all has been applied in the case of Kasab.”
Khurshid said that India treats everyone equally under rule of law and law was implemented with total transparency after giving Kasab all legal options.
“We hope that in the same impartial manner than legal process was followed here, we hope it will be done in Pakistan in 26/11 case,” he said.
On whether Kasab body will be sent to Pakistan, he said, “If there is any request from Pakistan or his family we will consider it. We have no such information, as of now.”
“We have fulfilled our obligation to inform Pakistan,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state