London: The sentencing of three Sikhs convicted of carrying out a life-threatening attack on Lt Gen (retired) KS Brar was postponed to next month by a British court on Thursday.
The three pro-Khalistan supporters had tried to slash the throat of the officer who had led Operation Blue Star in a revenge attack on the streets of London last year.
Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, Dilbagh Singh, 36, and Harjit Kaur, 38, were found guilty by the Southwark Crown Court in London on July 31 and were to be sentenced for the crime at the same court today.
However, the sentencing was scheduled for October 14 as part of general procedural changes in court listings.
During their trial in July, the prosecution had revealed that Kaur tracked the retired general as he holidayed in London’s West End with his wife Meena.
The prosecution told the jury there was proof that Kaur passed on the Brars` whereabouts to the attackers on the day of the assault in September 2012.
Sandhu and Singh had carried out the attack. All three had been charged with wounding the 78-year-old general with intent.
Brar, who gave evidence via a video link from India, said that one website had declared him the "number one enemy of the Sikhs".
He said he had received a threat that read: "There have been seven attempts on his life which have not succeeded, but the eighth one will."
Brar was not protected on his trip to London, which he said was a private holiday.