Separatist leader Geelani under house arrest
Srinagar: Separatist leader Syed Ali Shah
Geelani was detained by police at the Srinagar airport and put
under house arrest soon after his arrival from New Delhi.
In the national capital, the chairman of the hardline
faction of the Hurriyat Conference was questioned by the Delhi
Police in connection with a hawala case.
"He was detained at the airport and put under house
arrest soon after his arrival from Delhi," amalgam spokesman
Ayaz Akbar said here.
The Hurriyat hawk was scheduled to return to Kashmir
on Tuesday but was stopped by the Delhi Police at the airport
for questioning and recording his statement in a hawala case.
Geelani`s close aide Ghulam Mohammed Bhat has been
arrested in connection with the case.
The pro-Pak Kashmiri separatist leader also underwent
medical check-ups in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale
- IPL 2016: Shane Watson reprimanded for using offensive language during match against Delhi Daredevils
- Photo alert! Aamir Khan dines with 'X-Men' star Ian McKellen