Separatist leader Geelani under house arrest
Srinagar: Separatist leader Syed Ali Shah
Geelani was detained by police at the Srinagar airport and put
under house arrest soon after his arrival from New Delhi.
In the national capital, the chairman of the hardline
faction of the Hurriyat Conference was questioned by the Delhi
Police in connection with a hawala case.
"He was detained at the airport and put under house
arrest soon after his arrival from Delhi," amalgam spokesman
Ayaz Akbar said here.
The Hurriyat hawk was scheduled to return to Kashmir
on Tuesday but was stopped by the Delhi Police at the airport
for questioning and recording his statement in a hawala case.
Geelani`s close aide Ghulam Mohammed Bhat has been
arrested in connection with the case.
The pro-Pak Kashmiri separatist leader also underwent
medical check-ups in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble