Separatist leader Geelani under house arrest
Srinagar: Separatist leader Syed Ali Shah
Geelani was detained by police at the Srinagar airport and put
under house arrest soon after his arrival from New Delhi.
In the national capital, the chairman of the hardline
faction of the Hurriyat Conference was questioned by the Delhi
Police in connection with a hawala case.
"He was detained at the airport and put under house
arrest soon after his arrival from Delhi," amalgam spokesman
Ayaz Akbar said here.
The Hurriyat hawk was scheduled to return to Kashmir
on Tuesday but was stopped by the Delhi Police at the airport
for questioning and recording his statement in a hawala case.
Geelani`s close aide Ghulam Mohammed Bhat has been
arrested in connection with the case.
The pro-Pak Kashmiri separatist leader also underwent
medical check-ups in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH