Separatists in NE, JK misuse Facebook: Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday
acknowledged that separatists in North-East and Jammu and
Kashmir are "misusing" social networking sites and said
"proper corrective action" will be taken.
Responding to queries of mediapersons on "misuse" of
social networking sites like Facebook by the separatists, the
Minister said, "We know people are misusing these but at the
same time we are not going to take any hasty decision."
He refused to comment on limiting the access of social
networking sites in the states where the services are being
misused. "We will see, nothing has been decided now," he said.
Antony said "proper corrective action" will be taken
after ascertaining the whole issue.
Of late, the separatist forces in J and K and North-East
were found actively using social networking sites to spread
their propaganda. With their membership increasing with each
day, they also initiate online discussions and post their
comments on issues like stone-pelting and others.
Antony will tomorrow start a two-day visit to North-East
where he will visit important military stations in Assam,
Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur.
He would also take stock of infrastructure development
programmes in the forward areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter