Separatists in NE, JK misuse Facebook: Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday
acknowledged that separatists in North-East and Jammu and
Kashmir are "misusing" social networking sites and said
"proper corrective action" will be taken.
Responding to queries of mediapersons on "misuse" of
social networking sites like Facebook by the separatists, the
Minister said, "We know people are misusing these but at the
same time we are not going to take any hasty decision."
He refused to comment on limiting the access of social
networking sites in the states where the services are being
misused. "We will see, nothing has been decided now," he said.
Antony said "proper corrective action" will be taken
after ascertaining the whole issue.
Of late, the separatist forces in J and K and North-East
were found actively using social networking sites to spread
their propaganda. With their membership increasing with each
day, they also initiate online discussions and post their
comments on issues like stone-pelting and others.
Antony will tomorrow start a two-day visit to North-East
where he will visit important military stations in Assam,
Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur.
He would also take stock of infrastructure development
programmes in the forward areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside
- Govt mulls curbs on sugar sales at mill level to check prices