Sessions court allows ED to question Tapuriah for three days
Mumbai: A sessions court on Monday granted
permission to the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to question
Kolkata-based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah, who is a
co-accused in the money laundering case, for three days.
The ED today moved an application seeking questioning of
Tapuriah for three days which the court granted.
The ED sources said Tapuriah would be questioned in
connection with the alleged fake passport obtained by the Pune
stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan from the Patna Passport Office.
The agency had already obtained the similar permission to
question Khan for his role in obtaining the fake passport.
Khan is facing charges of stashing away billions of
dollars in the foreign banks with the help of his associate
Tapuriah. The Income Tax department had already served a
notice on Khan for allegedly evading tax to the tune of Rs
The sources, however, added that Khan and Tapuriah were
not confronted with each other during the questioning of the
Meanwhile, the court on Wednesday is likely to hear the
bail application, moved on Saturday, by Khan in conformity
with the order by the Bombay High Court which asked him to
seek relief from the lower court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother