Setback for Advani: Suresh Soni will continue as liaison man in BJP, says RSS
New Delhi: RSS on Friday said its liaison man in BJP Suresh Soni will continue to hold the job, in what is seen as a setback for senior BJP leader L K Advani who was unhappy with his functioning and had sought his removal.
The RSS and sources in the BJP said there are no plans for removing Soni from the post of coordinator between the two organisations and neither is there any likelihood of any other RSS leader being appointed to share the responsibility.
"No truth in the story about Shri Suresh Soniji being sidelined. He continues to be the Sangh`s contact person for BJP. No change," RSS leader Ram Madhav said on Twitter.
Advani was reportedly unhappy with Soni as he had strongly backed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the last few months and was instrumental in his elevation as head of the BJP Election Campaign Committee.
Soni, who is a Joint General Secretary in the RSS, will not be sidelined as the Sangh founthead does not want to bring any changes in the current set-up as elections to five states and the Lok Sabha polls are due in a few months.
RSS is keen on more and frequent interaction with the BJP in poll-bound Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Delhi as well as the other states.
RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat and general secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi have begun taking a more active interest in BJP affairs and this trend will continue, sources said.
Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and BJP President Rajnath Singh had visited Nagpur at the beginning of July to discuss party issues.
Bhagwat had also intervened when Advani quit in protest against Modi`s elevation and asked him to take back his resignation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed