Seven layers of security for Narendra Modi during BKC rally on Sunday
Mumbai: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who will address a rally here tomorrow, will be provided seven layers of security, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said here on Saturday.
Terming the security arrangements made for Modi as "fool-proof", Singh told reporters that about 3,000 policemen have been deployed in and around the rally venue--MMRDA grounds near the suburban Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC).
"Since Modi`s threat perception has been classified as very high, he will be given seven layers of security. The Anti-Terrorism Cell has been activated. We are also checking on those who arrived in Mumbai over the last one month and continue to stay here," the city police chief said.
In addition to this, `nakabandi` operations would be conducted on the roads around the venue.
According to Singh, the security mechanism deployed is such that each person would be checked at least twice before he enters the venue.
"Mumbai police have also taken note of the threat from suicide bombers. Therefore, Quick Response Team (QRT) has been deployed and bomb disposal squads will work round the clock," Singh said.
According to sources, as per the arrangements twenty people can be subjected to security checks simultaneously.
Besides the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, other senior BJP leaders who would address the rally include, party chief Rajnath Singh, Maharashtra BJP in-charge Rajiv Pratap Rudy, senior leader Gopinath Munde, besides Nitin Gadkari and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre