Seven layers of security for Narendra Modi during BKC rally on Sunday
Mumbai: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who will address a rally here tomorrow, will be provided seven layers of security, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said here on Saturday.
Terming the security arrangements made for Modi as "fool-proof", Singh told reporters that about 3,000 policemen have been deployed in and around the rally venue--MMRDA grounds near the suburban Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC).
"Since Modi`s threat perception has been classified as very high, he will be given seven layers of security. The Anti-Terrorism Cell has been activated. We are also checking on those who arrived in Mumbai over the last one month and continue to stay here," the city police chief said.
In addition to this, `nakabandi` operations would be conducted on the roads around the venue.
According to Singh, the security mechanism deployed is such that each person would be checked at least twice before he enters the venue.
"Mumbai police have also taken note of the threat from suicide bombers. Therefore, Quick Response Team (QRT) has been deployed and bomb disposal squads will work round the clock," Singh said.
According to sources, as per the arrangements twenty people can be subjected to security checks simultaneously.
Besides the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, other senior BJP leaders who would address the rally include, party chief Rajnath Singh, Maharashtra BJP in-charge Rajiv Pratap Rudy, senior leader Gopinath Munde, besides Nitin Gadkari and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!