Seven Pakistani prisoners repatriated
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, Indian authorities on Thursday released seven Pakistani prisoners, who were repatriated through Indo-Pak Attari border.
The Pakistani nationals were released from different jails of the country, including two from Jodhpur prison, two from Amritsar, one from Tihar prison Delhi, one from Gujarat and one from Jammu and Kashmir jail.
Two of the prisoners, who were released from the Jodhpur jail, were arrested with fake Indian currency. While rest five were arrested after they had crossed to this side of border without valid travel documents, an official said.
According to an official at Attari border, all the Pakistani nationals crossed over to their country on the basis of "Emergency Travel Certificate" issued by the Pakistani High Commission based at New Delhi.
Pakistan Government had also released 15 Indian fishermen last Monday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan