Seven Pakistani prisoners repatriated
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, Indian authorities on Thursday released seven Pakistani prisoners, who were repatriated through Indo-Pak Attari border.
The Pakistani nationals were released from different jails of the country, including two from Jodhpur prison, two from Amritsar, one from Tihar prison Delhi, one from Gujarat and one from Jammu and Kashmir jail.
Two of the prisoners, who were released from the Jodhpur jail, were arrested with fake Indian currency. While rest five were arrested after they had crossed to this side of border without valid travel documents, an official said.
According to an official at Attari border, all the Pakistani nationals crossed over to their country on the basis of "Emergency Travel Certificate" issued by the Pakistani High Commission based at New Delhi.
Pakistan Government had also released 15 Indian fishermen last Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets