Seven Pakistani prisoners repatriated
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, Indian authorities on Thursday released seven Pakistani prisoners, who were repatriated through Indo-Pak Attari border.
The Pakistani nationals were released from different jails of the country, including two from Jodhpur prison, two from Amritsar, one from Tihar prison Delhi, one from Gujarat and one from Jammu and Kashmir jail.
Two of the prisoners, who were released from the Jodhpur jail, were arrested with fake Indian currency. While rest five were arrested after they had crossed to this side of border without valid travel documents, an official said.
According to an official at Attari border, all the Pakistani nationals crossed over to their country on the basis of "Emergency Travel Certificate" issued by the Pakistani High Commission based at New Delhi.
Pakistan Government had also released 15 Indian fishermen last Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported