Seven Pakistani prisoners repatriated
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, Indian authorities on Thursday released seven Pakistani prisoners, who were repatriated through Indo-Pak Attari border.
The Pakistani nationals were released from different jails of the country, including two from Jodhpur prison, two from Amritsar, one from Tihar prison Delhi, one from Gujarat and one from Jammu and Kashmir jail.
Two of the prisoners, who were released from the Jodhpur jail, were arrested with fake Indian currency. While rest five were arrested after they had crossed to this side of border without valid travel documents, an official said.
According to an official at Attari border, all the Pakistani nationals crossed over to their country on the basis of "Emergency Travel Certificate" issued by the Pakistani High Commission based at New Delhi.
Pakistan Government had also released 15 Indian fishermen last Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi