Sever ties with Pakistan, demands VHP
Allahabad: In the wake of Supreme Court`s observation that Pakistan and its spy agency ISI were involved in the 1993 serial blasts at Mumbai, the VHP Thursday said India should sever ties with the neighbouring country "until at least" they hand over Dawood Ibrahim and other accused.
"Even the Supreme Court has now blamed Pakistan and ISI. At least now the government should put pressure on the country to hand over Dawood Ibrahim," VHP international working president Pravin Togadia said in a statement issued here.
"America hunted down Osama bin Laden after the 9/11 attacks. India too must show strength and diplomatic acumen if it wants to earn respect.
"It must now sever all ties with Pakistan, until they hand over Dawood Ibrahim, Tiger Memon and all others whose list has been provided to Pakistan," he said.
In its judgement delivered earlier in the day, the apex court observed that Pakistan and its spy agency ISI played a vital role in imparting training to accused which "materialised" in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog