Sever ties with Pakistan, demands VHP
Allahabad: In the wake of Supreme Court`s observation that Pakistan and its spy agency ISI were involved in the 1993 serial blasts at Mumbai, the VHP Thursday said India should sever ties with the neighbouring country "until at least" they hand over Dawood Ibrahim and other accused.
"Even the Supreme Court has now blamed Pakistan and ISI. At least now the government should put pressure on the country to hand over Dawood Ibrahim," VHP international working president Pravin Togadia said in a statement issued here.
"America hunted down Osama bin Laden after the 9/11 attacks. India too must show strength and diplomatic acumen if it wants to earn respect.
"It must now sever all ties with Pakistan, until they hand over Dawood Ibrahim, Tiger Memon and all others whose list has been provided to Pakistan," he said.
In its judgement delivered earlier in the day, the apex court observed that Pakistan and its spy agency ISI played a vital role in imparting training to accused which "materialised" in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!