Sever ties with UPA government, BJP tells Mulayam
New Delhi: Hitting out at SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav for favouring a third front, the BJP Wednesday dared him to first sever ties with UPA government, of which his party has been a "part and parcel".
BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy claimed Yadav is "showing a lot of desperation" about a third front though he himself is supporting the "corrupt" UPA government.
"He should first set free the country from the UPA government," he said.
The main Opposition stated that in the country`s polity there is no place for a third front as the contest is between the Congress-led UPA and the BJP-led NDA.
"Mulayam Singh Yadav is with the UPA though he wants to wash his hands of it. A third front can emerge only when the Left has a sizable number. But the Left has been decimated. So it is a battle drawn between the UPA and the NDA," Rudy said.
The BJP hit out at Yadav, alleging that he cannot be trusted as he goes back on his word very often.
"What is the Samajwadi Party after all? It is a regional party which has 19 MPs headed by Mulayam Singh. It contests against the Congress in UP and supports the Congress in Delhi," he said.
The BJP enumerated several instances when the SP had come to the "rescue" of the UPA government.
"These include the cut-motion moved by the Opposition on price rise during UPA-II, opposing the move by the Public Accounts Committee to summon Prime Minister and his aide in the 2G spectrum case, and by supporting the Congress candidate in the Presidential and Vice-Presidential elections.
"Mulayam Singh and the SP have never disappointed the Congress. It is true that he has disappointed the country several times but never the Congress. He and his party are part and parcel of the UPA government," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof