Sex racket: Court defers hearing on bail plea of "godman"
New Delhi: A Delhi court today deferred the
hearing on the bail plea of controversial self-styled
godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi who is in jail under stringent
MCOCA for allegedly running a sex racket here.
"Fix the bail application for hearing tomorrow,"
Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria said.
Dwivedi, alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand
Ji Maharaj Chitrakootwale, has moved a fresh application
seeking interim bail for 30 days on the ground that he will
have to arrange for school fees of his daughter.
The godman, in his plea filed through advocate M S Khan,
said "all the bank accounts of mine (Dwivedi) have been sealed
and consequently, my daughter, a student of class VIIth, would
be forced to discontinue her studies if the fees are not paid
to the school.
The court had earlier dismissed his bail plea saying the
allegations against the accused were grave.
Besides Dwivedi, Praveen is the second accused who was
arrested under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act.
A magisterial court had recently framed charges against
the self-styled godman and six others, including five alleged
call girls, in another case relating to running a sex racket
here. The case was lodged under Immoral Traffic (Prevention)
The police, which had earlier filed a chargesheet under
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act against Dwivedi and others,
is yet to complete the probe in the case lodged under MCOCA.
The chargesheet alleged Dwivedi had amassed wealth
running into crores of rupees by running the flesh trade for
over a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show