Sex racket: Godman remanded to JC till June 7
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday extended
the judicial custody by 14 days of self-styled Godman Shiv
Murat Dwivedi, who along with seven others, including six
alleged call girls, are accused in a flesh trade racket case.
"The accused (Dwivedi) is further remanded to judicial
custody till June 7," Metropolitan Magistrate Ravindra Singh
Except Dwivedi, other seven are out on bail in the
case in which police have recently filed a chargesheet under
the provisions of the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act.
Earlier, the court provided accused with the copies of
the chargesheet which alleged that Dwivedi with the help of
others had amassed enormous wealth running into crores of
rupees through the flesh trade racket.
Police claimed they have sufficient evidence to
Besides the present case, Dwivedi is also booked in
five other criminal cases, including one lodged under the
stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA),
for allegedly running sex syndicate in and around the capital.
Police are yet to file the probe report in the MCOCA
During custodial interrogation, police, at the
instance of the accused, have recovered various documents
relating to properties, investments and bank details, the
It was also claimed that Rs 1.55 lakh cash, some gold
ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi at
the time of the raid on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27