Sexual assault case: Asaram Bapu`s character clean, says son Narayan Sai
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Defending his father, Narayan Sai on Tuesday night said that the character of Asaram Bapu, who is in prison for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, is spotless.
Speaking exclusively with Zee Media, Sai said that no matter who says what, people`s faith in Asaram won`t be shattered despite such allegations against his father.
Asaram Bapu`s supporters own the spiritual guru as much as I do, added Sai.
When asked about the demand of Asaram to allow him a female `vaidya` in jail, Sai opted not to answer.
A court in Rajasthan had on Monday extended the judicial custody of the 72-year-old spiritual guru by 14 days.
The state high court will hear his bail plea today.
Asaram had filed a bail application in the Jodhpur bench of the Rajasthan High Court on Friday.
A 16-year-old girl on August 20 lodged a police complaint, accusing Asaram of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Jodhpur.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur on September 01.
Immediately after his arrest, Asaram filed an application for bail in the same court, which rejected the plea on September 04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi