Sexual assault case: Asaram Bapu`s character clean, says son Narayan Sai
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Defending his father, Narayan Sai on Tuesday night said that the character of Asaram Bapu, who is in prison for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, is spotless.
Speaking exclusively with Zee Media, Sai said that no matter who says what, people`s faith in Asaram won`t be shattered despite such allegations against his father.
Asaram Bapu`s supporters own the spiritual guru as much as I do, added Sai.
When asked about the demand of Asaram to allow him a female `vaidya` in jail, Sai opted not to answer.
A court in Rajasthan had on Monday extended the judicial custody of the 72-year-old spiritual guru by 14 days.
The state high court will hear his bail plea today.
Asaram had filed a bail application in the Jodhpur bench of the Rajasthan High Court on Friday.
A 16-year-old girl on August 20 lodged a police complaint, accusing Asaram of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Jodhpur.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur on September 01.
Immediately after his arrest, Asaram filed an application for bail in the same court, which rejected the plea on September 04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter