Sexual assault case: Asaram Bapu`s character clean, says son Narayan Sai
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Defending his father, Narayan Sai on Tuesday night said that the character of Asaram Bapu, who is in prison for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, is spotless.
Speaking exclusively with Zee Media, Sai said that no matter who says what, people`s faith in Asaram won`t be shattered despite such allegations against his father.
Asaram Bapu`s supporters own the spiritual guru as much as I do, added Sai.
When asked about the demand of Asaram to allow him a female `vaidya` in jail, Sai opted not to answer.
A court in Rajasthan had on Monday extended the judicial custody of the 72-year-old spiritual guru by 14 days.
The state high court will hear his bail plea today.
Asaram had filed a bail application in the Jodhpur bench of the Rajasthan High Court on Friday.
A 16-year-old girl on August 20 lodged a police complaint, accusing Asaram of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Jodhpur.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur on September 01.
Immediately after his arrest, Asaram filed an application for bail in the same court, which rejected the plea on September 04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what