Sexual assault case: Asaram misses flight after his supporters clash with mediamen
Bhopal: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu failed to catch a flight on Friday for New Delhi, after he was prevented from entering the airport due to a clash between his enraged supporters who smashed TV cameras and other equipment carried by reporters waiting for him, sources said.
As news about the Gujarat High Court not entertaining his plea for an anticipatory bail spread, Asaram suddenly left his ashram for the airport, to catch his flight.
However, due to a scuffle between Asaram`s supporters and TV news cameramen waiting at the airport over recording his sound bytes, his supporters could not enter the lounge to catch the flight.
Later, his supporters fought with reporters again and even resorted to pelting stones at the media, while Asaram`s whereabouts were not known, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa