Sexual assault case: Asaram moves bail application in HC
Jodhpur: Controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, who is in judicial custody in the alleged sexual assault case of a minor, today moved a bail application in the Rajasthan High Court here.
The hearing on the petition is scheduled on Monday, one of Asaram`s counsels said.
Last week a lower court had rejected the bail plea of 72-year old Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
His aide Shiva, who is considered as a key witness in the case, is also under judicial custody.
Police is now looking?forward to the other three co-accused ? Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and a cook of the incarcerated godman, for wrapping up investigation and filing chargesheet in the case.
The district and session court yesterday had rejected the anticipatory bail moved by Shilpi, the warden of the Chhindwara-based ashram in Madhya Pradesh, where the victim had been staying.
The 16-year-old girl had lodged a complaint with the police on August 20, accusing Asaram of sexually assaulting her at his Jodhpur ashram.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark