Sexual assault case: Asaram moves bail application in HC
Jodhpur: Controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, who is in judicial custody in the alleged sexual assault case of a minor, today moved a bail application in the Rajasthan High Court here.
The hearing on the petition is scheduled on Monday, one of Asaram`s counsels said.
Last week a lower court had rejected the bail plea of 72-year old Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
His aide Shiva, who is considered as a key witness in the case, is also under judicial custody.
Police is now looking?forward to the other three co-accused ? Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and a cook of the incarcerated godman, for wrapping up investigation and filing chargesheet in the case.
The district and session court yesterday had rejected the anticipatory bail moved by Shilpi, the warden of the Chhindwara-based ashram in Madhya Pradesh, where the victim had been staying.
The 16-year-old girl had lodged a complaint with the police on August 20, accusing Asaram of sexually assaulting her at his Jodhpur ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!