Sexual assault case: Asaram moves bail application in HC
Jodhpur: Controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, who is in judicial custody in the alleged sexual assault case of a minor, today moved a bail application in the Rajasthan High Court here.
The hearing on the petition is scheduled on Monday, one of Asaram`s counsels said.
Last week a lower court had rejected the bail plea of 72-year old Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
His aide Shiva, who is considered as a key witness in the case, is also under judicial custody.
Police is now looking?forward to the other three co-accused ? Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and a cook of the incarcerated godman, for wrapping up investigation and filing chargesheet in the case.
The district and session court yesterday had rejected the anticipatory bail moved by Shilpi, the warden of the Chhindwara-based ashram in Madhya Pradesh, where the victim had been staying.
The 16-year-old girl had lodged a complaint with the police on August 20, accusing Asaram of sexually assaulting her at his Jodhpur ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune