Sexual assault case: Asaram moves bail application in HC
Jodhpur: Controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, who is in judicial custody in the alleged sexual assault case of a minor, today moved a bail application in the Rajasthan High Court here.
The hearing on the petition is scheduled on Monday, one of Asaram`s counsels said.
Last week a lower court had rejected the bail plea of 72-year old Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
His aide Shiva, who is considered as a key witness in the case, is also under judicial custody.
Police is now looking?forward to the other three co-accused ? Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and a cook of the incarcerated godman, for wrapping up investigation and filing chargesheet in the case.
The district and session court yesterday had rejected the anticipatory bail moved by Shilpi, the warden of the Chhindwara-based ashram in Madhya Pradesh, where the victim had been staying.
The 16-year-old girl had lodged a complaint with the police on August 20, accusing Asaram of sexually assaulting her at his Jodhpur ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon