Sexual assault case: Asaram`s lawyers say FIR against him "vague, frame-up"
Indore: Lawyers representing Asaram Bapu in the alleged sexual assault case involving a minor girl on Saturday claimed the FIR registered against him is "vague" and smacks of "conspiracy".
"If you see the medical report of the girl, you will know that she was not at all assaulted. There is not even a scratch on her body. All allegations against Asaram Bapu are false and baseless," Asaram`s counsel Ishkaran Bhandari told reporters outside the gate of his ashram on Khandwa Road here.
The 16-year-old girl had registered an FIR against the self-styled godman for allegedly sexually abusing him at Jodhpur ashram.
Asaram, against whom summons were issued by Jodhpur police, failed to appear before them for questioning even though the deadline for the same expired yesterday.
His son Narayan Sai today said Asaram was not evading arrest but recuperating at his ashram from illness.
Rahul Vijaywargia, another lawyer representing Asaram, alleged there was purposeful delay in registration of FIR against Asaram. "This shows there is a conspiracy behind filing of the FIR. Even though the investigation in the case is yet to begin, the FIR itself appears vague," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'