Sexual harassment case: Justice Ganguly remains defiant
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Supreme Court Justice (retd) AK Ganguly, accused in a sexual harassment case involving a law intern, on Thursday remained defiant.
Asked whether he will resign as West Bengal Human Rights Commission chairman after being accused of sexual harassment by a law intern, Ganguly said: "I have not decided anything."
His remarks came on a day when the Central government is expected to take a call on forwarding a Presidential reference to the Supreme Court in connection with the case.
Attorney General GE Vahanvati had earlier stated that a case could be made out against Justice Ganguly.
Justice Ganguly has denied sexually harassing the law intern.
The three-judge committee had earlier probed the allegations of sexual harassment against Justice Ganguly and had prima facie found an "act of unwelcome behaviour" and "conduct of sexual nature" on the part of the retired judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!