Sexual harassment: Gwalior judge moves SC, expresses dissatisfaction over probe committee
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A woman additional district and sessions judge in Gwalior, who had alleged sexual harassment against a Madhya Pradesh High Court judge, Tuesday, moved Supreme Court expressing dissatisfaction over setting up of a committee to look into her complaint.
The former woman judge in her plea has requested the apex court to set up an external committee comprising two Chief Justices and one judge of High Court t look into her complaint.
The woman judge in her letter to President Pranab Mukherjee, Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and Chief Justice Lodha has given the details of the way she was harassed by the high court judge who was also the administrative in-charge of Gwalior where she was posted as an additional district and sessions judge.
The woman judge has alleged that she was posted to a remote area after she declined the judge`s request to dance to an item song at a `ladies` sangeet` function at his home.
Earlier this month, the woman judge raised objections to the inclusion of a High Court judge in the committee set up to go into her complaint.
She has also expressed her inability to attend an inquiry in Jabalpur if her travel expenses, boarding and lodging consistent with her status are not provided and safety and security not guaranteed.
In the alternative, she was willing to attend the inquiry in Delhi, she said in her letter to the Secretary of the Committee for preliminary enquiry set up by the Madhya Pradesh High Court, she raised objection to the inclusion of Justice Ajit Singh of Gwalior Bench, who is heading the committee, as he was involved in a decision to transfer her to Sidhi "for not succumbing to the advances made by the accused judge".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir