`Sexual predator` Australian woman held
Melbourne: A 52-year-old Australian woman, described as a predator who preyed on children, planned to kill her husband and marry a 13-year-old boy with whom she was having an affair.
Deborah Goulopoulos, a married mother of two, was 42 when she first had sex with the teenager in her home in 2002, the Herald Sun reported Tuesday.
Her victim, now 23, was then a student at a Melbourne private school. They had unprotected sex frequently.
The boy, who was not named, told the court the sexual relationship continued for more than two years. He described Goulopoulos as a predator who preyed on helpless children.
He said on some occasions they would have sex while the woman`s children were asleep in the same room.
Sometimes, the woman would phone the boy`s school, pretending to be his mother to get him out of class, and the two would then have sex during the day.
The victim told police that later Goulopoulos started "freaking me out by talking about killing her husband".
The woman spent $39,000 on gifts, alcohol and drugs for the boy.
Goulopoulos pleaded guilty to one charge of persistent sexual abuse of a child under 16. She was remanded in custody and will be sentenced next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda