`Sexual predator` Australian woman held
Melbourne: A 52-year-old Australian woman, described as a predator who preyed on children, planned to kill her husband and marry a 13-year-old boy with whom she was having an affair.
Deborah Goulopoulos, a married mother of two, was 42 when she first had sex with the teenager in her home in 2002, the Herald Sun reported Tuesday.
Her victim, now 23, was then a student at a Melbourne private school. They had unprotected sex frequently.
The boy, who was not named, told the court the sexual relationship continued for more than two years. He described Goulopoulos as a predator who preyed on helpless children.
He said on some occasions they would have sex while the woman`s children were asleep in the same room.
Sometimes, the woman would phone the boy`s school, pretending to be his mother to get him out of class, and the two would then have sex during the day.
The victim told police that later Goulopoulos started "freaking me out by talking about killing her husband".
The woman spent $39,000 on gifts, alcohol and drugs for the boy.
Goulopoulos pleaded guilty to one charge of persistent sexual abuse of a child under 16. She was remanded in custody and will be sentenced next week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living