SFIO probing complaint against Asaram Bapu, says Pilot
New Delhi: The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has received complaints against self-styled godman Asaram Bapu and his son in an alleged 700-acre land grabbing case and the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) is looking into the matter.
"We have received the written complaint. We have instructed the SFIO to get to the facts. The moment we will receive the final report and if it implicates somebody, then we will take action," Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot told reporters on Monday.
"The moment the investigation will reach the final stage, we will take appropriate action. Law is equal for everybody," Pilot said on the sidelines of a function here.
There have been reports that complaints relate to involvement of Bapu, his son Narayan Sai and some others in an alleged land grab case in Madhya Pradesh.
When contacted, a spokesperson for Asharam Ashram denied any wrongdoing on part of Asharam Bapu or his son and said that baseless allegations are being levelled against them by vested interests.
"We respect law of the land. We will continue to do so. We will cooperate in all the investigations by any of the departments," Dr Sunil Wankhede, spokesperson for Sant Shri Asharam Ashram, told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
"Allegations have been levelled against us from time to time. There are certain vested interests who are working towards harming Guruji`s image as he is a world famous personality.
"Since 2008 till today there have been lots of allegations against Ashram but all of them have been found to be baseless," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know