SGPC condemns beheading of Sikhs in Pakistan
Amritsar: Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak
Committee on Sunday strongly condemned the beheading of Sikhs in
Pakistan and asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take up
the matter with his counterpart in Pakistan.
SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar said, "The SGPC and
entire Sikh community strongly condemns the brutal murder of
Sikhs at Peshawar in Pakistan by Taliban."
He asked the Prime Minister to take up the matter with
Pakistan government and ask it to provide adequate security to
the minority Sikh community as they were not safe in Pakistan.
He also demanded that the Prime Minister make
immediate arrangements for an SGPC delegation to visit
Pakistan to take stock of the situation.
Makkar said the SGPC firmly stood with the Sikhs
living in Peshawar and all over Pakistan and was always ready
to extend all possible help to them.
Initial reports said two Sikhs who were kidnapped over
a month back have been beheaded by the Pakistani Taliban in
the country`s restive tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?