SGPC condemns beheading of Sikhs in Pakistan
Amritsar: Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak
Committee on Sunday strongly condemned the beheading of Sikhs in
Pakistan and asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take up
the matter with his counterpart in Pakistan.
SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar said, "The SGPC and
entire Sikh community strongly condemns the brutal murder of
Sikhs at Peshawar in Pakistan by Taliban."
He asked the Prime Minister to take up the matter with
Pakistan government and ask it to provide adequate security to
the minority Sikh community as they were not safe in Pakistan.
He also demanded that the Prime Minister make
immediate arrangements for an SGPC delegation to visit
Pakistan to take stock of the situation.
Makkar said the SGPC firmly stood with the Sikhs
living in Peshawar and all over Pakistan and was always ready
to extend all possible help to them.
Initial reports said two Sikhs who were kidnapped over
a month back have been beheaded by the Pakistani Taliban in
the country`s restive tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back