SGPC condemns beheading of Sikhs in Pakistan
Amritsar: Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak
Committee on Sunday strongly condemned the beheading of Sikhs in
Pakistan and asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take up
the matter with his counterpart in Pakistan.
SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar said, "The SGPC and
entire Sikh community strongly condemns the brutal murder of
Sikhs at Peshawar in Pakistan by Taliban."
He asked the Prime Minister to take up the matter with
Pakistan government and ask it to provide adequate security to
the minority Sikh community as they were not safe in Pakistan.
He also demanded that the Prime Minister make
immediate arrangements for an SGPC delegation to visit
Pakistan to take stock of the situation.
Makkar said the SGPC firmly stood with the Sikhs
living in Peshawar and all over Pakistan and was always ready
to extend all possible help to them.
Initial reports said two Sikhs who were kidnapped over
a month back have been beheaded by the Pakistani Taliban in
the country`s restive tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days