Shabana to speak on gender issues at CISF concleve
New Delhi: Noted actor Shabana Azmi will speak on issues related to gender sensitisation and women security at a conference organised by paramilitary CISF here next week.
The force, with more than 4 per cent of its total strength as women officials, is organising a two-day workshop on gender issues here on April 29 and 30.
A number of other experts, including women officers of central paramilitary forces, will deliver their speeches on the topic and take part in question answer sessions.
"The workshop is aimed to generate constructive opinions on the subject and also encourage discussion of women safety issues amongst police and security forces," a senior CISF officer said.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has a large deployment of its women personnel at 59 major and small civil airports in the country, the Delhi Metro and other private and public sector institutions and they regularly deal with female workers and commuters.
The force has also declared 2013 as the `year of women safety` and it is also planning to increase the overall strength of its women component up to ten per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'