Shabana to speak on gender issues at CISF concleve
New Delhi: Noted actor Shabana Azmi will speak on issues related to gender sensitisation and women security at a conference organised by paramilitary CISF here next week.
The force, with more than 4 per cent of its total strength as women officials, is organising a two-day workshop on gender issues here on April 29 and 30.
A number of other experts, including women officers of central paramilitary forces, will deliver their speeches on the topic and take part in question answer sessions.
"The workshop is aimed to generate constructive opinions on the subject and also encourage discussion of women safety issues amongst police and security forces," a senior CISF officer said.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has a large deployment of its women personnel at 59 major and small civil airports in the country, the Delhi Metro and other private and public sector institutions and they regularly deal with female workers and commuters.
The force has also declared 2013 as the `year of women safety` and it is also planning to increase the overall strength of its women component up to ten per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!