Shabana to speak on gender issues at CISF concleve
New Delhi: Noted actor Shabana Azmi will speak on issues related to gender sensitisation and women security at a conference organised by paramilitary CISF here next week.
The force, with more than 4 per cent of its total strength as women officials, is organising a two-day workshop on gender issues here on April 29 and 30.
A number of other experts, including women officers of central paramilitary forces, will deliver their speeches on the topic and take part in question answer sessions.
"The workshop is aimed to generate constructive opinions on the subject and also encourage discussion of women safety issues amongst police and security forces," a senior CISF officer said.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has a large deployment of its women personnel at 59 major and small civil airports in the country, the Delhi Metro and other private and public sector institutions and they regularly deal with female workers and commuters.
The force has also declared 2013 as the `year of women safety` and it is also planning to increase the overall strength of its women component up to ten per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional