Shah case Cong`s political strategy for Bihar polls: Gadkari
Mumbai: Accusing Congress of using the
Sohrabuddin encounter case to promote its vote bank politics
ahead of Bihar assembly polls, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari today
said his party was ready to legally and politically fight the
case filed against former Gujarat minister Amit Shah.
"BJP will face the legal challenge presented by the
fabricated prosecution in court of law. I declare that the BJP
also accepts the political challenge thrown by the Congress
and will take the issue to the people of India," Gadkari told
reporters at the state BJP office here.
"We are sure that the Congress game will fail and its
nefarious designs will be exposed," Gadkari said.
He termed CBI as Congress Bureau of Investigation and
alleged it is discriminated against Gujarat government.
"The Sohrabuddin encounter probe by CBI was to target
BJP and to keep Congress out. This is evident from the fact
that though then Andhra Pradesh government of Y S Rajasekhara
Reddy was equally involved in the arrest and encounter death
of Sohrabuddin, CBI completely left out the government from
"This is despite the fact that the Supreme Court had
specifically observed that the identity of the seven police
personnel of Andhra Pradesh who had accompanied Sohrabuddin
was not known in the probe conducted by the Gujarat government
and that was one of the reasons for the Supreme Court handing
over the matter to CBI," Gadkari claimed.
The CBI has not bothered to interrogate the Andhra
Pradesh government or its police officials at all, he said.
"What other proof is needed to show that the CBI did
only what the Congress would have liked it to do?"
The `persecution` of Shah in the Sohrabuddin case was
a political strategy of Congress to divert attention from UPA
governments failures on all fronts, Gadkari said.
"The government has failed to tackle inflation,
infiltration in Kashmir, the Naxal menace and even the foreign
minister`s Pakistan visit has failed.
"The Congress strategy, being implemented through CBI
is clearly to vitiate the atmosphere against Shah," he said.
Under the UPA rule, terrorists are treated with
biryani and those patriotic police officials and their
political bosses who deal with terrorists are humiliated like
hardened criminals, he claimed.
By fabricating false and frivolous charges through
CBI, and by arresting Shah, the UPA government has declared a
political war on the best performing state government in the
country led by Narendra Modi, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31