Shaheedi Jor Mela to begin from December 25
Fatehgarh Sahib: The`Shaheedi Jor Mela`, which is organised here annually to mark the martyrdom of the two younger sons of Guru Gobind Singh, is set to commence from December 25.
Elaborate arrangements have been made as over 10 lakh devotees from all over the country and abroad are expected to pay obeisance at Gurdwara Fatehgarh Sahib during the Jor Mela that will continue till December 27, officials said today.
The three day religious function would begin with `Akhand Path` (recitation) of Guru Granth Sahib at Gurdwara Jyoti Swarup to observe the martyrdom of Guru Gobind Singh`s sons, who were bricked alive during the regime of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb.
Deputy Commissioner Yashvir Mahajan said there would be no stalls for amusement on the solemn occasion and loud speakers would not be allowed.
SSP HS Mann said required security arrangements had been made. Police from seven districts of the state have been deputed, 46 check posts erected and 10 check points set up at various entry points of Fatehgarh Sahib.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown