Shakeel Ahmad finds Rajnath Singh`s moves fishy
New Delhi: Congress leader Shakeel Ahmad in a tweet posted on Friday wondered if Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh has ulterior motives in projecting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
"Is Rajnath ji with the help of Rashtriya Swayam Sevak (RSS) using Modi ji to sideline Advani ji & Sushma ji for his own chance, when Modi ji will be rejected in 2014?" Shakeel Ahmad wondered in his tweet.
It is widely known that veteran BJP leader L K Advani has reservations about declaring Narendra Modi the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
Rajnath Singh, however, said on Thursday that all senior leaders were being consulted on the issue of who should be projected as the party`s prime ministerial candidate, and sought to downplay the reservations of Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!