Shakeel Ahmad finds Rajnath Singh`s moves fishy
New Delhi: Congress leader Shakeel Ahmad in a tweet posted on Friday wondered if Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh has ulterior motives in projecting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
"Is Rajnath ji with the help of Rashtriya Swayam Sevak (RSS) using Modi ji to sideline Advani ji & Sushma ji for his own chance, when Modi ji will be rejected in 2014?" Shakeel Ahmad wondered in his tweet.
It is widely known that veteran BJP leader L K Advani has reservations about declaring Narendra Modi the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
Rajnath Singh, however, said on Thursday that all senior leaders were being consulted on the issue of who should be projected as the party`s prime ministerial candidate, and sought to downplay the reservations of Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal