Shakeel Ahmed acting like Indian Mujahideen spokesman: RSS
Washington: A senior RSS leader has slammed Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed for his remark that 2002 Gujarat riots led to the formation of Indian Mujahideen, saying he is acting like spokesman of the terror outfit.
"Shakeel Ahmed is acting like IM spokesperson. Terrorism flourishes in India courtesy apologists like Ahmed," RSS National Executive member Ram Madhav wrote on Twitter - the micro blogging site.
Ram Madhav is currently here in connection with the visit of BJP president Rajnath Singh.
"Shakeel Ahmed`s justification of terrorism is shocking. It is the Congress brand politics that has bred all forms of terror in India," Ram Madhav wrote.
His tweet was in response to Congress general secretary Ahmed`s remark that Indian Mujahideen was formed after the 2002 Gujarat riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez