Shakeel Ahmed acting like Indian Mujahideen spokesman: RSS
Washington: A senior RSS leader has slammed Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed for his remark that 2002 Gujarat riots led to the formation of Indian Mujahideen, saying he is acting like spokesman of the terror outfit.
"Shakeel Ahmed is acting like IM spokesperson. Terrorism flourishes in India courtesy apologists like Ahmed," RSS National Executive member Ram Madhav wrote on Twitter - the micro blogging site.
Ram Madhav is currently here in connection with the visit of BJP president Rajnath Singh.
"Shakeel Ahmed`s justification of terrorism is shocking. It is the Congress brand politics that has bred all forms of terror in India," Ram Madhav wrote.
His tweet was in response to Congress general secretary Ahmed`s remark that Indian Mujahideen was formed after the 2002 Gujarat riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet
- Why red snow of Arctic is a 'red alert' for the environment?
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics