Shakeel Ahmed acting like Indian Mujahideen spokesman: RSS
Washington: A senior RSS leader has slammed Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed for his remark that 2002 Gujarat riots led to the formation of Indian Mujahideen, saying he is acting like spokesman of the terror outfit.
"Shakeel Ahmed is acting like IM spokesperson. Terrorism flourishes in India courtesy apologists like Ahmed," RSS National Executive member Ram Madhav wrote on Twitter - the micro blogging site.
Ram Madhav is currently here in connection with the visit of BJP president Rajnath Singh.
"Shakeel Ahmed`s justification of terrorism is shocking. It is the Congress brand politics that has bred all forms of terror in India," Ram Madhav wrote.
His tweet was in response to Congress general secretary Ahmed`s remark that Indian Mujahideen was formed after the 2002 Gujarat riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt