Shakuni, Duryodhana in CWG `Mahabharata`
New Delhi: A BJP member on Friday likened those involved in the controversy over the Commonwealth Games projects with characters in the Mahabharata.
"Shakuni and Duryodhana are busy making money. The Delhi Government is like the blind-folded Gandhari and you are sitting quiet like Bhishma Pitamaha," former cricketer Kirti Azad told Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy in the Lok Sabha.
Azad alleged that public money was being looted left and right in every conceivable manner in organising the games. "If toilet paper could have been re-cycled, they would have made money in that also," he said.
Opposition is alleging large-scale corruption in the CWG projects and those facing flak include Reddy as also Sports Minister MS Gill, IOA Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi