Shakuni, Duryodhana in CWG `Mahabharata`
New Delhi: A BJP member on Friday likened those involved in the controversy over the Commonwealth Games projects with characters in the Mahabharata.
"Shakuni and Duryodhana are busy making money. The Delhi Government is like the blind-folded Gandhari and you are sitting quiet like Bhishma Pitamaha," former cricketer Kirti Azad told Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy in the Lok Sabha.
Azad alleged that public money was being looted left and right in every conceivable manner in organising the games. "If toilet paper could have been re-cycled, they would have made money in that also," he said.
Opposition is alleging large-scale corruption in the CWG projects and those facing flak include Reddy as also Sports Minister MS Gill, IOA Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway