Shakuni, Duryodhana in CWG `Mahabharata`
New Delhi: A BJP member on Friday likened those involved in the controversy over the Commonwealth Games projects with characters in the Mahabharata.
"Shakuni and Duryodhana are busy making money. The Delhi Government is like the blind-folded Gandhari and you are sitting quiet like Bhishma Pitamaha," former cricketer Kirti Azad told Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy in the Lok Sabha.
Azad alleged that public money was being looted left and right in every conceivable manner in organising the games. "If toilet paper could have been re-cycled, they would have made money in that also," he said.
Opposition is alleging large-scale corruption in the CWG projects and those facing flak include Reddy as also Sports Minister MS Gill, IOA Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister