Shakuni, Duryodhana in CWG `Mahabharata`
New Delhi: A BJP member on Friday likened those involved in the controversy over the Commonwealth Games projects with characters in the Mahabharata.
"Shakuni and Duryodhana are busy making money. The Delhi Government is like the blind-folded Gandhari and you are sitting quiet like Bhishma Pitamaha," former cricketer Kirti Azad told Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy in the Lok Sabha.
Azad alleged that public money was being looted left and right in every conceivable manner in organising the games. "If toilet paper could have been re-cycled, they would have made money in that also," he said.
Opposition is alleging large-scale corruption in the CWG projects and those facing flak include Reddy as also Sports Minister MS Gill, IOA Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police