Shakuni, Duryodhana in CWG `Mahabharata`
New Delhi: A BJP member on Friday likened those involved in the controversy over the Commonwealth Games projects with characters in the Mahabharata.
"Shakuni and Duryodhana are busy making money. The Delhi Government is like the blind-folded Gandhari and you are sitting quiet like Bhishma Pitamaha," former cricketer Kirti Azad told Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy in the Lok Sabha.
Azad alleged that public money was being looted left and right in every conceivable manner in organising the games. "If toilet paper could have been re-cycled, they would have made money in that also," he said.
Opposition is alleging large-scale corruption in the CWG projects and those facing flak include Reddy as also Sports Minister MS Gill, IOA Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption