Shakuntla Jakhu to take over as new Haryana Chief Secretary
Chandigarh: Senior IAS officer Shakuntla Jakhu will be Haryana`s new Chief Secretary.
Speaking to reporters after a meeting of his cabinet here today, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said Jakhu will take over from incumbent S C Chaudhary who retires Thursday.
Jakhu, a 1978 batch IAS officer, is presently Haryana`s Additional Chief Secretary, Revenue and Disaster Management.
Second senior most IAS officer in the state, she will have a tenure of just two months as Chief Secretary as she is scheduled to retire on September 30, 2014.
Sanjay Kothari, senior most IAS officer, 1978 batch, is presently posted as Secretary, Department of Administrative Reforms, Public Grievances, Pensions and Pensioners in the Government of India.
Kothari is on central deputation since October 16, 2006.
Chaudhary, who superannuates tomorrow after serving Haryana as Chief Secretary for seven months, has been named as Chairman of the Right to Service Commission.
Chaudhary`s last days as Chief Secretary were marred by controversy after senior Haryana IAS officer Pradeep Kasni, who red-flagged appointment of new information commissioners by the Hooda government, accused him of sending objectionable SMSes over the issue.
Admitting that he had sent the messages, Chaudhary, however, sought to play it down, claiming these were "jokes" between "friends" and expressed regret to the officer if they had hurt his sentiments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre