Shakuntla Jakhu to take over as new Haryana Chief Secretary
Chandigarh: Senior IAS officer Shakuntla Jakhu will be Haryana`s new Chief Secretary.
Speaking to reporters after a meeting of his cabinet here today, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said Jakhu will take over from incumbent S C Chaudhary who retires Thursday.
Jakhu, a 1978 batch IAS officer, is presently Haryana`s Additional Chief Secretary, Revenue and Disaster Management.
Second senior most IAS officer in the state, she will have a tenure of just two months as Chief Secretary as she is scheduled to retire on September 30, 2014.
Sanjay Kothari, senior most IAS officer, 1978 batch, is presently posted as Secretary, Department of Administrative Reforms, Public Grievances, Pensions and Pensioners in the Government of India.
Kothari is on central deputation since October 16, 2006.
Chaudhary, who superannuates tomorrow after serving Haryana as Chief Secretary for seven months, has been named as Chairman of the Right to Service Commission.
Chaudhary`s last days as Chief Secretary were marred by controversy after senior Haryana IAS officer Pradeep Kasni, who red-flagged appointment of new information commissioners by the Hooda government, accused him of sending objectionable SMSes over the issue.
Admitting that he had sent the messages, Chaudhary, however, sought to play it down, claiming these were "jokes" between "friends" and expressed regret to the officer if they had hurt his sentiments.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor
- Ban on diesel cars: Supreme Court to hear industry petition today
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why