Shameful that Modi is justifying the riots: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Friday lambasted Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for "justifying and trivialising" the 2002 riots, saying he was not ready even now to express regrets for it.
"It is utterly shameful that he is justifying the genocide and using inappropriate examples and analogies to trivialise the enormity of it," senior CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat told PTI.
Reacting to Modi`s comments in an interview to a foreign news agency, she said "Even today, he is not ready to express regret either for the genocide or for the cold-blooded murder of innocents by the police. This is Modi`s model of governance."
The CPI(M) Politburo member said Modi`s economic policies were also "pro-corporate and pro-rich" as reflected in the recent Human Development Index for Gujarat which shows the "pathetic" state of affairs facing the vast majority of people in the state, especially the tribals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?