Shameful that Modi is justifying the riots: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Friday lambasted Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for "justifying and trivialising" the 2002 riots, saying he was not ready even now to express regrets for it.
"It is utterly shameful that he is justifying the genocide and using inappropriate examples and analogies to trivialise the enormity of it," senior CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat told PTI.
Reacting to Modi`s comments in an interview to a foreign news agency, she said "Even today, he is not ready to express regret either for the genocide or for the cold-blooded murder of innocents by the police. This is Modi`s model of governance."
The CPI(M) Politburo member said Modi`s economic policies were also "pro-corporate and pro-rich" as reflected in the recent Human Development Index for Gujarat which shows the "pathetic" state of affairs facing the vast majority of people in the state, especially the tribals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi