Shankaracharya for temple & mosque in Ayodhya
Lucknow: Asserting that the Ayodhya issue
can be resolved through talks among religious leaders,
Jagatguru Shankaracharya Swami Adhochhanand Dev said on Thursday, he
would not mind co-existence of temple and mosque at the
disputed site if a consensus is evolved in this regard.
"The solution to this dispute can be found (through
talks) among religious leaders. I personally do not mind
co-existence of both temple and mosque if a consensus is
evolved among them," the Jagatguru Shankaracharya of Govardhan
Puri told reporters here.
He also flayed some Hindu outfits for using the issue
for "political gains".
"Political leaders can not find solution to this
issue...Religious leaders are capable of solving it," he
claimed, adding judicial process was time-taking.
About the purpose of his visit, Swami said he went to
Ayodhya yesterday to pay obeisance to Ramlala and meet
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics