Shankaracharya invites Shirdi Sansthan to religious conclave
Shirdi: A delegation representing Dwarkapeeth Shankaracharya Swami Swarupananda Saraswati has invited Shri Shirdi Sansthan Trust`s Deputy Executive Officer Appasaheb Shinde, requesting him to attend a religious event, a member of the delegation said here.
The invitation requested him to attend a two-day `Brihad Dharma Sansad` (dharma parishad) to be held at Kabirdham in Kavardha district of Chhatisgarh state on August 24 and August 25, a delegation member Vidyanand told PTI.
The development comes after recent remarks by Dwarkapeeth Shankaracharya Swami Swarupananda Saraswati about Shri Saibaba, which hurt the feelings of Saibaba devotees.
"We have come here on behalf of Swami Swarupananda to end the controversy created due to remarks about Shri Saibaba. Swarupananda himself sent us to end the dispute and asked the Shirdi Sansthan to attend a two-day sansad to present its views. Swami Swarupananda himself, as well as Shankaracharyas of the Shringeri peeth and the Puri peeth will attend the sansad," Vidyanand said yesterday.
When asked about an incident in which an effigy of Swami Swarupananda was allegedly burnt by followers of Shri Saibaba in Shirdi, Vidyanand replied, "We maintained our patience after the incident. We did not take any step to insult anybody".
Shirdi Sansthan`s Public Relations Officer Mohan Yadav confirmed that Vidyanand has given an invitation for a two-day dharma parishad, which has been accepted by the Sansthan`s Deputy Executive Officer Appasaheb Shinde.
The invitation would be placed before a three-member committee of the Shirdi Sansthan to decide whether to attend the event or not, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan