Shankaracharya warns PM Narendra Modi ahead of his Shirdi visit
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Already facing flak for his critical remarks on Sai Baba, Dwarkapeeth Shankaracharya, Swaroopanand Saraswati, has now warned Prime Minister Narendra Modi of what might happen if he`ll pay visit to Shirdi.
Swaroopanand has asked Modi to cancel his visit to Shirdi else he may lose the protection given to him by celestial gods.
He also said that he has no issues with Modi adding Sai to his name, but also raised apprehensions that how can a man who refused to wear a skull cap pray at a grave.
A Shiv Sena MP had invited Modi to Shirdi to offer prayers at the Sai shrine. On the other hand, reports are doing the rounds that the PM has accepted the invite and is likely to embark on the journey.
Meanwhile, a local court in Madhya Pradesh issued summons against Swaroopanand on Friday over a private complaint about his controversial statement regarding Sai Baba of Shirdi.
Rajesh Shivsangia, the complainant, has alleged that the Shankaracharya committed offence under section 298 of Indian Penal Code (hurting religious sentiments) with his statement that Sai Baba, the 19th century saint, was no god, and therefore should not be worshipped.
Additional chief judicial magistrate Deepak Kumar Pande issued a fresh summons to Swaroopanand Saraswati today and directed him to appear on September 20, said complainant`s lawyer Ashwin Kumar Adhyaru.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'