Shanta for `apolitical and competent` person as President
Nurpur (HP): BJP vice president and Rajya Sabha member Shanta Kumar on Thursday strongly pleaded for unanimous election of the next President and said that the President should be an "apolitical and highly competent" person.
In the complex Presidential race, the most apposite (appropriate) and most competent candidate should be elected as the next President, Kumar said talking to media persons here.
Stating the President should be unanimously elected, Kumar said, the TMC and SP have offered support to three candidates, while Congress has given two names but the UPA was yet to finalise the name and the NDA has not yet suggested any name for the Presidential post and would disclose the name after joint meeting of its constituents.
Meanwhile, asserting the BJP was the only option for the people of the country for fighting corruption, the senior party leader expressed concern that the virus of corruption was infecting the BJP also. Timely and appropriate action will be taken to weed out this virus from the party, he added.
On the arrest of eight Taiwanese from Chauntra in Mandi district yesterday, Kumar said, both the central and state governments should remain vigilant about the activities along the borders and in case the arrested persons had some spying connection, it was a serious matter and should be investigated carefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'