Shanta Kumar defends Nitin Gadkari
Hamirpur: BJP National Vice President Shanta Kumar on Friday came out in defence of BJP president Nitin Gadkari claiming UPA leaders allegedly involved in mega scams were making baseless allegations to tarnish his image and divert the attention of the people from the scams.
Taking to mediapersons here, Kumar charged the UPA government was adopting double standard in dealing with the allegations of corruption and was taking action in selected cases on "pick-and-choose" basis.
"The government did not take any action against union minister Salman Khursheed and Robert Vadra on the charges levellved against them but it was prompt in targeting Gadkari who volunteered to face inquiry by any agency", he added.
Shanta said that while the CD case against former union minister Virbhadra Singh was pending in a special court, the Ispat payment diary notings had mentioned payment of Rs 2.28 crore to "VBS".
He claimed BJP would retain power and form the government in the state under the leadershsip of chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says