Shanta Kumar defends Nitin Gadkari
Hamirpur: BJP National Vice President Shanta Kumar on Friday came out in defence of BJP president Nitin Gadkari claiming UPA leaders allegedly involved in mega scams were making baseless allegations to tarnish his image and divert the attention of the people from the scams.
Taking to mediapersons here, Kumar charged the UPA government was adopting double standard in dealing with the allegations of corruption and was taking action in selected cases on "pick-and-choose" basis.
"The government did not take any action against union minister Salman Khursheed and Robert Vadra on the charges levellved against them but it was prompt in targeting Gadkari who volunteered to face inquiry by any agency", he added.
Shanta said that while the CD case against former union minister Virbhadra Singh was pending in a special court, the Ispat payment diary notings had mentioned payment of Rs 2.28 crore to "VBS".
He claimed BJP would retain power and form the government in the state under the leadershsip of chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site