Shantaram Naik to head Parl committee on law
New Delhi: Shantaram Naik of Congress has been appointed as chairman of the Standing Committee on Law and Justice following the resignation of Abhishek Singhvi, who is embroiled in a CD controversy.
Naik has been appointed to the post by Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Singhvi resigned as chairman of the committee on April 23 in the wake of the purported CD involving him.
The committee had grabbed headlines after it came out with a report on the Lokpal last year on whose recommendation the government brought a re-drafted legislation on the issue.
At present, the panel is scrutinising the Citizen`s Charter bill.
Issues related to women employees, their problems at workplace, especially in reference to the guidelines framed by the Supreme Court in the Vishakha case, are also being studied by the committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video