Shanti Bhushan opposes closure of "forged" CD case
New Delhi: Noted lawyer Shanti Bhushan on Thursday
moved a city court against a Delhi police plea to close a case
against unnamed persons for forging a CD purportedly
containing a talk between him and politicians Mulayam Singh
Yadav and Amar Singh about a sitting apex court judge.
In an application to the court of Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate Vinod Yadav, Shanti Bhushan opposed the police
report to close the forgery case registered by it earlier on
a complaint by him about delivery of the purportedly forged CD
to a media house.
In his plea, the former union Law minister sought the
court`s direction to the police to have it "thoroughly
investigated" after rejecting the closure report.
The police had sought closure of the case, registered on
Bhushan`s complaint, saying there was no substantive evidence
to prove the offence of forgery as alleged by him.
Bhushan had filed a complaint at IP Estate police station
here on April 14, 2011 alleging the CD, containing his
purported conversations with Yadav and Amar Singh, was
fabricated and had denied talking to them.
In his purported conversation, Bhushan allegedly told
Mulayam Singh Yadav that his son Prashant Bhushan could
"manage" a sitting Supreme Court judge for Rs four crore.
Reiterating his stand that the CD was fabricated, the
senior advocate said, in his plea, "it seems to me that the CD
was fabricated for the purpose of trying to induce a Supreme
Court judge to recuse himself from 2G spectrum case and
also the Amar Singh tape case, which were pending in his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama